Wednesday 8 October 2008

ONE FINAL THING

Typically, in any given month, I may send one or two letters to the SMH. Sometimes, none at all. Occasionally, they get published. Rarely, however, do I fire off two in a week. This one was sent off way too late in the day (about 4pm) to be considered for publication, but it’s in response to Tran Duong’s letter of October 7 which I mentioned yesterday …

Dear Editor,

A letter from a 14 year old (Letters, October 7, 2008) defending Bill Henson? My God, will wonders never cease? I was under the impression that, according to so many so-called experts, anyone under the age of 18 was so gobsmackingly, uncomprehendingly stupid and easily led that they were incapable of figuring out what shoe to put on what foot on any given day. I was under the impression that people under the age of 18 got their simple jollies from doing things like sniffing chairs, snapping bra-straps, telling customers to f--- off in coffee shops, flushing their parents life-savings down the toilet or getting paid squillions for stuffing everything up for the rest of us by failing to do their allocated chores.

Silly me. Perhaps I was confusing these young folk with some other sector of society.

Regards,
Ross Sharp

And with that, I have nothing further to say on the matter.

Just thinking about it is killing valuable brain cells I should keep in reserve for random acts of binge drinking.

No comments: