Wednesday 7 May 2008

AT THE CIRCUS

Just another day at the office. Phone rings ...

"Hello, Ross Sharp."

"Hello?"

"Hello."

"Hello? ... Yes, I am one of your payees ...?"

"And what’s your name, please?"

"John Smith."

"What can I do for you, John?"

"I’ve received a ... er ... a statement from you?"

"Yes?"

"Ummmm, what, ... am I supposed to do anything?"

"How do you mean, sorry?"

"Sign it? Something ... something with it?"

"No."

"Ah ... so, what do I ...?"

"Just keep it somewhere. Give it to your accountant at tax time. File it ... It's yours to keep."

"Ah ... Okay, thanks ... Also, I ... I have received a cheque?"

"Yes. And ...?"

"The cheque ...?"

"Take it to a bank."

"A bank?"

"Yes. A bank. Take it to a bank."

"Ah ... okay. Good. Thank you."

"No worries. Bye."



From 1939, The Marx Brothers “Lydia, the Tattooed Lady” from “At The Circus”

1 comment:

Damian said...

I'm thinking we have worked in very similar environments.

Mine was affectionately known as Cuntshare.